If you are using a platform or creating a document that can’t embed a draw.io diagram, you’ll want to export it as an image. Importing is just as important, especially if you want to move your diagrams from another diagramming tool into draw.io to take advantage of its rich features.
- Open your favorite draw.io diagram from the template manager.
- Export the draw.io diagram as a PNG.
- Insert the PNG file to your Confluence page.
- Download the Gliffy and vsdx diagrams using the links below.
- Open a new empty draw.io diagram.
- Import the Gliffy diagram.
- File > Import > Choose File
- Add a new page to your diagram, and import the vsdx file to this new page.
Tip: You can drag and drop the file onto the drawing area.
- Save and close your diagram, and save the Confluence page.
Files to download
Right click on the links and save the file to your computer.
Exporting diagrams from draw.io
Export your diagram by clicking File > Export as and then selecting the format you want to export to. Exported diagrams can be saved in the following formats:
To change the settings on your exported file, click File > Export as > Advanced.
Tip: To export a file to import into another draw.io diagram, select XML as the file format.
You can import diagrams in the following formats:
.png (with XML)
.csv (copy text from a .csv file to automatically create a diagram)
Click File > Import, click Choose File, then select the file you want to import and click Import.
There is also a mass import function for Gliffy diagrams – you can convert all of the Gliffy diagrams within your Confluence intranet to draw.io with just a few clicks.
Want to know more?
There are many more ways to export diagrams to use in documents or share online, and many different ways to import information into your draw.io diagram, as you can see by our long list of useful articles below.
- Publish link and embed HTML
- Share diagrams with public Google files
- Export diagrams as URLs – an entire diagram contained within the URL!
- Extracting the XML from draw.io’s compressed XML format
- Extract all of the text within a diagram with a plugin
Importing data and integrating draw.io in your content platform
- Improved import – more file formats and sources
- vsdx import for draw.io
- More about the CSV import plugin
- Using draw.io diagrams in WordPress
- You can insert from text formatted with lists and graphs and from PlantUML code
- Mass import Gliffy diagrams into draw.io
- More about importing Gliffy diagrams
- Adding SVG vectors to draw.io diagrams
- Integrate draw.io into your blog, content management system or enterprise wiki
And now, you have successfully reached the end of this training course for draw.io. If we have missed something, if there is something you are burning to know, please contact us. We’ll answer your questions, and create additional exercises to help you become more comfortable with draw.io.
Thank you for stepping through this tutorial with us!