We’ve had a fantastic 2018! We’ve released plenty of useful new features and updates, and had fun meeting all of you at the various events we attended this year.
We’d like to say a heart-felt thank you to all of our partners and customers, especially everyone who has given us feedback throughout the year, dropped by our booths at Summit, reported bugs and requested features on our Trello boards, and left reviews in the Atlassian Marketplace or in the G Suite Marketplace.
Our team and partners
draw.io wouldn’t be possible without the founder of draw.io, Gaudenz Alder, and the growing team at JGraph: Aljoša, Ashraf, Boris, David, Marija, Mate and Pete.
A big thank you to Roberto Dominguez, the founder and president of Comalatech for the amazing wine and food, DEISER, Catworkx, and Valiantys for having us at their events, and Atlassian for a fantastic year.
Of course, also to //SEIBERT/MEDIA (especially the draw.io team: Antonia, Diana, Inga, Katharina, Kym and Samuel) for their hard work around the big events in Barcelona, Madrid and Paris. Also, to Tobi, Alisa and Jimena for lending us extra pairs of hands in Paris and Madrid, and Seb for the gin & tonic and delicious vegan cheese!
draw.io highlights from 2018
- Some very useful features made it into draw.io this year. You can quickly style shapes with the shape properties panel, use the updated shape libraries for AWS and GCP, get a head start on your diagram with a range of new templates, build interactive diagrams, and many smaller improvements. We’re looking forward to 2019, because we’ve just gone into beta testing for an exiting new feature that many of you have asked for!
- Although it made a huge splash worldwide, the GDPR didn’t affect us – your diagramming data is and has always been secure and private when you use draw.io!
- The minimal theme has made diagramming in draw.io on tablets much easier, and minimized the overwhelm for new users.
- Our white paper about using diagramming with Jobs to Be Done to discover what your customers really want was very well received in the Atlassian community.
- We’ve expanded our tutorials to help developers with a series of posts explaining UML diagrams, when to use each type and why they are useful.
Have a fantastic 2019!
We are sure you will continue to enjoy using draw.io and its new features, and we hope you have a fantastic 2019!